ASSESSING ECOTOURISM POTENTIAL OF THE FRUŠKA GORA N.P. AND THE IMPACTS ON RURAL DEVELOPMENT
The aim of the paper is to identify and assess the factors for the development of ecotourism in the Fruška Gora National Park and to predict possible benefits for strengthening the rural economy of the area. Literature and field research was done to gather information related to geographical location, biodiversity of habitats and species, elements of cultural heritage and infrastructure of the area, as well as demographic and socio-economic status of the local community. To evaluate constraints and future possibilities of ecotourism in the area, SWOT and PESTEL analyses were used. It was found that the convenient location, substantial wildlife resources, abundance in water and geological elements, and the richness of the cultural-historical monuments are an important touristic potential of the area. The main conclusion of the work is that the development of sustainable ecotourism should create the necessary conditions for the rural development, if strategic and financial support is provided.
2. Braunović, S., Perović, V. (2017). Soil Erosion, Changes of Land Use and Migration Trends – Impact on Tourism Development. TISC - Tourism International Scientific Conference, Vrnjačka Banja, 2(2), 306-323.
3. Braunović, S., Ratknić, М. (2018). Migration Trends аnd the Concept оf Ecotourism. TISC - Tourism International Scientific Conference, Vrnjačka Banja, 3(2), 750-767.
4. Erokhin, V. L. (2011). Specifics of agricultural entrepreneurship in the conditions of trade and economic integration. Agricultural Bulletin of Stavropol Region, 1(1), 69-72.
5. Fruškać, (2020), https://fruskac.net/, (27 February 2020).
6. Gajić, M., Cvetanović, M. (2015). Theoretical bases of ecotourism and examples of potential ecotourism destinations in Serbia. Bulletin of the Serbian Geographical Society, 95(3), 37-58.
7. Institute for Nature Conservation of Vojvodina Province, (2015), NP "Fruška gora" – Predlog za uspostavljanje zaštite prirodnih vrednosti, u postupku izrade Zakona o nacionalnim parkovima, Novi Sad.
8. Institute for Nature Conservation of Vojvodina Province, (2020), Geonasleđe Fruške gore, http://www.pzzp.rs/rs/sr/zastita-prirode/zastita-geonasleda/geonaslede-fruske-gore.html, (07 February 2020).
9. International Union for Conservation of Nature, (IUCN). https://www.iucn.org/, (18 February 2020).
10. Ivolga, A. G., Molchanenko, S. A. (2014). Increase of employment and income of rural population as a factor of sustainable development of regional recreational sector. International Scientific Conference: "Sustainable agriculture and rural development in terms of the Republic of Serbia strategic goals realization within the Danube region: Rural development and (un)limited resources", Belgrade, 18-33.
11. Jovanović, F., Obratov-Petković, D., Bjedov, I., Živanović, I., Braunović, S., Ćirković-Mitrović, T., Tomović, G. (2018). Morphological variability of snowdrops in the central part of the Balkan Peninsula. Hortscience, 53(8), 1119-1124.
12. Jovanović, F., Obratov-Petković, D., Niketić, M., Vukojičić, S. (2016). Distribution of the genus Galanthus L. (Amaryllidaceae) in Serbia. Botanica Serbica, 40(1), 69-81.
13. Lazić, L., Pavić, D., Stojanović, V., Tomić, P. et al. (2008). Protected natural assets and ecotourism in Vojvodina, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, Novi Sad.
14. Lutovac, M., Đuričić, M. M. (2014). Ecotourism – An important development opportunity for the Western Balcans and Serbia. First International Conference: "Higher Education in Function of Sustainable Development of Tourism in Serbia and Western Balkans", Užice, 271-282.
15. Medić, S., Gagić, S., Jovičić, A., Erdeji, I. (2012). Possibilities for Improvement of Rural Tourism in Fruška Gora. Journal of Settlements and Spatial Planning, 1, 167-175.
16. Nath, T. K., Alauddin, M. (2006). Sitakunda Botanical Garden and Eco-park, Chittagong, Bangladesh: Its impacts on a rural community. The International Journal of Biodiversity Science and Management, 2, 1-11.
17. Ozon Media, Počinje naplata ulaska u Nacionalni park Fruška gora, http://www.ozon.rs/vestisrbija/2018/pocinje-naplata-ulaska-u-nacionalni-park-fruska-gora/, (28 February 2020).
18. PE Fruška Gora N.P, (2011), Plan upravlјanja 2011–2020, Novi Sad.
19. PE Fruška Gora N.P, (2016–2017), Osnove gazdovanja šumama za GJ 3801–3813, Banja Luka.
20. PE Fruška Gora N.P, (2018), Plan upravlјanja 2018–2027, Novi Sad.
21. Počuča, M., Matijašević-Obradović, J. (2017). Ecologically important areas and protected natural sites as important potential for the development of ecotourism in Serbia. International Scientific Conference ITEMA 2017, Budapest, 183-192.
22. Provincial Government, (2015), Plan razvoja šuma u nacionalnom parku Fruška gora (2015-2024), Vol. 1, Begrade.
23. Robinson, J. G., Ginsberg, J. R. (2004). Issues in international conservation: Parks, people, and pipelines. Cons. Biology, 18, 607-608.
24. Rokvić, G., Galić, M., Vasko, Ž. (2017). Rural tourism as a means for strengthening rural economy. International scientific conference ITEMA 2017, Budapest, Hungary, 158-166.
25. Sathe, S., Manipatil, U. R. (2013). Studies on ecotourism potential of Sangli district: Case analysis with reference to places of botanical interest. Review of Research, 2(5), 1-3.
26. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2012), Census of Agriculture 2012, Census results by settlements, Belgrade.
27. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2014a). Book 20: Comparative Overview of the Number of Population by 1948, 1953, 1961, 1971, 1981, 1991, 2002 and 2011, Censuses – data by settlements, Belgrade.
28. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2014b), Book 21: Comparative Overview of the Number of Households by 1948–2011, Censuses and Dwellings by 1971–2011 Censuses, Belgrade.
29. Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia, (2020), Population by age and sex, by settlements, https://www.stat.gov.rs/
en-US/oblasti/popis/popis-2011/popisni-podaci-eksel-tabele, (15 January 2020).
30. The Urban and Spatial Planning Institute of Vojvodina, (2018), Prostorni plan područja posebne namene Fruška Gora. Novi Sad.
31. Vujko, A., Gajić, T., Kovačević, B. (2012). Turizam u zaštićenim prirodnim prostorima – Ekoturizam Fruške gore. Škola biznisa, (4), 8-16.